13.1.13

moving on

We only have 3 (or 4) more months left before we move out of the house we've been renting and into a permanent HOME.
I like the sound of that.
Permanent. Home.

This fall we ended up selling the house that we were having built-the one that we were supposed to move into this past September. I will admit it was a bit sad for me initially, knowing that all the exciting decisions we I made for the new house (finishes, additions, size of baseboards etc. FUN!!!), and all the modifications we (yes "we") dreamed and planned, would actually never be ours to enjoy. Indeed...the kitchen had beautiful white shaker cabinets, a white subway tile back splash and vintage looking -"school house" light fixtures. How fabulous is that!
Yes it would have been lovely to enjoy.
So there was disappointment. 
But a new house (even with subway tile back splash) wasn't worth living in for me, if financial stress and more heavy burdens threatened to come along side and consume us.
I think we made a wise decision. We definitely don't regret it.

And so that chapter of uncertainty is drawing to a close.
We start actively looking for homes/ pounding the pavement with our realtor this week.
Should be fun...
I'm praying it won't take us too long to find the one just for us.

This is actually one that I have my eye on!
ain't she a beaut!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...