15.3.12

morning

i am NOT a morning person.
don't even try to speak to me when i get out of bed.
i have to first find my glasses (blindly feel around for them),
make my coffee, take a few sips of its caffeinated goodness...
and then I might...might respond to questions or comments directed my way.
i'm not exaggerating here.
mornings are not easy.
(*kent by the way is a complete opposite and actually SINGS when he gets up.
yah......i don't join in.)

especially school morings.
I grunt and mumble,
occasionally stagger,
shuffle,
and glare.
and ....well, you get the picture.

But then, it happens....
as much as i loathe the morning routine on a school-day,
i miraculously cheer up by the time we're in the car and on our way to school!
always.
i'm serious.

i'm not sure whether its the fresh coffee i'm hastily gulping,
or the cold morning air that snaps me awake
and out of a groggy, grumpy mood....
but the minute my hand shifts the car into reverse and we get going,
i feel transformed.
ok not transformed, but less groggy, grumpy and nonverbal.

the radio plays encouraging worship music,
the children silently lean back and relax
(lets face it, their bodies are still in shock from getting up and moving quickly),
we drive and the morning shines over us with possibility.

"For I know the plans I have for you." declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

whether i recognize it or not, His protective hand is guiding me through each day.
from the morning (as rough as each one is...), until I close my burning eyes each night.
no matter what happens today, tomorrow or the next day, He has plans to give HOPE.
and thank goodness. I need all the help i can get.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...