22.2.12

one

Lent
a time of reflection, reconciliation, preparation.
rebirth
40 days
Easter

If I chose to give up something for Lent, can I also choose to give something for Lent?

I am selfish and needy.
I live a plentiful life.
I am human and sinful.
I want to give something of myself,
whether its a phone call, time, a visit, my attention,
a meal...
I want to DO something
I want to have a servants-heart.
I feel the need to give~
mE. somehow.

I'm feeling a bit anxious about this already.
I don't want to push myself too far out of my comfort zone,
(like my fear of using the telephone?)
but at the same time I want to intentionally respond to
Jesus' gift to me. to everyone.
His love and sacrifice!
grace and forgiveness. 
And that may mean doing something that doesn't come easy.


*************************
For week one: Give of my time and write encouraging words and scripture...
to a friend, to a stranger, to a child, to a missionary, to a family member, to our prime minister, to my pastor....
in the form of a letter
paper, pen, envelope, stamp.
mailed and delivered.

with the message of God's love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...