12.2.12

my dear

my dear sweet boy.
we've been on a long journey together,
and its only been 10 years.
i am so, SO proud of him.

he is very aware of his emotions, his limitations
and his struggles.
this book has helped him.
i find it on the floor by his bed,
knowing that he's remembered and read it.

These moments of realization (that he's had a tough time),
bring an ache to my heart.
His mind has filled with fear, usually unfounded, imaginary fear.
fear that as a mother, i can't "kiss away" and make better.
and that ache (as mothers know), is vast and heavy.

So every night (or whenever i get the chance),
I tell him how much he means to me.
I remind him that he has overcome many, many things.
He knows what I'm referring to.
I tell him that I don't want to change anything about him,
He is PERFECT just the way he is.
Right now.
and i mean, and believe...every word.

I am thankful for a son like Liam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for friends with a son like Liam. He gives me great joy, and great hope.... Two things I can't get enough of. I can't wait to watch him grow. We're in his corner keeping you company.


Karla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...