14.6.11

a new day

I love mornings.
LOVE them.
Well, not enough to get up early JUST to enjoy them....
but I do delight in the promise each new morning brings.

The promise of another chance...
to fix things, to affirm people, to say I'm sorry, to say "I love you", to be honest, to learn something new,
to try all over again.

Every single morning that we experience, promises to be
NEW!!
Brand spanking new.

I love that.
A hymn that I loved singing in church waaaaaaaay back, when I was young (and still needing supervision during the service) was called "Day by Day". Now that song seriously made me want to cry every- single- time. Yes, I was an emotional kid, AND i was also very sensitive (NO REALLY). So hearing the haunting, sad tune (usually played by organ), mixed in with the tender, loving lyrics...often left me pathetically (asking for kleenex) and blowing my nose along with the frail, old ladies in the back row.

For nostalgic reasons here is one of the verses to the hymn:
Day by Day and With each Passing Moment ( 2nd verse):
2. Every day, the Lord himself is near me,
with a special mercy for each hour;
all my cares he wants to bear, to cheer me,
he whose name is Counselor and Power.
The protection of his child and treasure
is a charge that on himself he laid:
"As your day, your strength shall be in measures,"
this the pledge to me had made.
~ Carolina Sandell berg (1865)


*I pray that today you will sense the renewed beginning of the morning, the chance  to "start again", and the promise of God's guidance in all you do.

For God has said, 'Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.' Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...